Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Why Lightroom?

More
5 years 11 months ago #5238 by jerry
jerry replied the topic: Why Lightroom?
Now wouldn't that be something if Adobe set up photoshop and bridge to perform in one program? Like lightroom and aperture does. I don't use all the features that bridge offers, I just use it for batch renaming files. I use to do keywording, but really didn't find it useful anymore because I do have a good file manangement system for storing my photos and folders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #5243 by Brent Ross
Brent Ross replied the topic: Why Lightroom?
they do already. It's called minibridge and it is available inside of photoshop

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #5245 by jerry
jerry replied the topic: Why Lightroom?
Let me rephrase that, I meant if the two were combined into one..meaning you could do keywording and batch renaming like you can do in lightroom or aperture while in photoshop. Not talking about mini bridge. Photoshop CC does not have mini bridge anymore, they are 2 separate softwares.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by jerry.

More
5 years 11 months ago #5246 by Luke
Luke replied the topic: Why Lightroom?

jerry wrote: Let me rephrase that, I meant if the two were combined into one..meaning you could do keywording and batch renaming like you can do in lightroom or aperture while in photoshop. Not talking about mini bridge. Photoshop CC does not have mini bridge anymore, they are 2 separate softwares.

Mini bridge does work inside Photoshop CC, just not in the way it used to. You now have to have full bridge open in the background (you can just minimise it) for mini bridge to work. Seems like a stupid way to do thing to me, but that’s the way it is.

More
5 years 11 months ago #5247 by Conor Casey
Conor Casey replied the topic: Why Lightroom?

Luke wrote: You now have to have full bridge open in the background (you can just minimise it) for mini bridge to work. Seems like a stupid way to do thing to me, but that’s the way it is.

I agree. It is a real pain in the neck that Mini-Bridge doesn't work if the main Bridge isn't open; it seems a bit self-defeating to me. As a result, I don't use Mini-Bridge that often.

Conor Casey
Flickr