Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Please help me with clipping issues

More
6 years 5 months ago #3970 by Erin
Erin replied the topic: Please help me with clipping issues
Right now - I only have Photoshop Elements 10 - and I am going to get Lightroom soon as things slow down around here. I have been practicing or trying to practice with adjusting levels, color curves, and sharpening. I learned how to make eyes pop - but I'm not sure which features I should study more - I keep thinking that each photo should look perfect SOOC. Then I talk to other local photographers and they say - no -they photoshop everything. But wouldn't it save time if you could just get it right the first time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #3971 by jerry
jerry replied the topic: Please help me with clipping issues
I bet if you call up your histogram, your photos will show overexposure, try lowering the exposure some and adjusting the fill light or recovery or highlight sliders to the left, it should help some. thats if you have photoshop.
On another note, you could probably do a vertical crop on these images

More
6 years 5 months ago #3972 by jerry
yes, it does help if you can get as close to "correct in camera" as possible. I myself very rerely get it right in camera. It takes alot of practice

More
6 years 5 months ago #3973 by jerry
one other thing of software, if you have mac, you may want to check out Aperture 3, I love it, it has a slidehosw creator a book creator, those 2 things alone make aperture better. The software itself pretty much is the same idea as lightroom.